Important Information to Ensure Your Wellbeing
Kaua’i to Rejoin
State of Hawai’i Safe Travels Hawai‘i Program
starting April 5, 2021
Aloha! The State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Program is a multilayered process designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community from transpacific visitors arriving at airports/ports across the Islands.
For anyone planning travel to the Hawaiian Islands, it is important to be aware of the new and enhanced State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Program entry requirements prior to departure. All information can be found by visiting the Hawai‘i Safe Travels website.
Anyone who chooses not to participate in the State of Hawai’i Safe Travels Hawai‘i Program is subject to the 10-day quarantine upon arrival. If you are subject to the 10-day quarantine, you will be unable to check-in at Makai Club Resort.
REGISTRATION WITH STATE OF HAWAI’I SAFE TRAVELS PROGRAM
- Prior to your departure, if you are an adult (age 18 years or older) you will need to create an online user account and register with the State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels program.
- Once you create your Safe Travels Hawai‘i account and prior to departure, you will need to enter your travel information and details for each leg of your trip on the program’s application form. The names and travel information for each child/children traveling with a registered adult will also need to be included.
- Upon completion of your registration, you will receive a QR code for each leg of your trip.
- If you have questions, please visit Safe Travels Hawai‘i Help website.
- All transpacific travelers ages five (5) and older are required to take a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab or be FULLY VACCINATED in the United States in order to bypass the State of Hawai‘i’s 10-day mandatory quarantine.
- The State of Hawaiʻi will ONLY accept test results from TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS. A complete list of approved testing partners can be found HERE.
- The test must be taken no more than 72 hours before your flight departure time. If you have a multi-city flight itinerary, the departure time is from the last city you leave before arriving at a Hawai‘i airport (e.g. if your travel is from Chicago to Seattle to Kaua’i, the departure time to look at is your flight from Seattle).
- Once you receive your negative pre-travel test results, you must upload the results or your completed vaccination record document to your Safe Travels Hawai‘i account within 72 hours from the final leg of travel. You are also encouraged to have a printed, hard copy of your results upon arrival. This step is crucial, as it will be the only means for airport officials to verify your Safe Travel Hawai‘i information. Failure to follow this step will result in a 10-day quarantine upon arrival.
- If your test results are not yet available upon arrival, you will need to quarantine in other accommodations until your results are received. PLEASE NOTE: Car rentals are unavailable to those with pending test results and alternative arrangements will need to be made to transport you to the Resort.
MANADATORY STATE OF HAWAI’I TRAVEL HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE
- You will receive a notice 24 hours prior to your departure time to or between the Hawaiian Islands to complete the Mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form via your Safe Travels Hawai‘i account. The names of each child/children traveling with a registered adult will also need to be included in that adult’s Mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel Health Form.
- Upon completion of the Travel Health Questionnaire, a QR code will be emailed to you. Airport personnel will need the QR code to locate and validate your Safe Travels Hawai‘i information. You are encouraged to have both the electronic QR code as well as a printed, hard copy in hand upon your arrival.
Prior to Arrival at the Resort
At Makai Club Resort, we embrace the value of Kakou, “we are all in this together”. We are devoted to your safety and health, in addition to the wellbeing of our Associates, Owners and Guests.
Please call the Resort 24-48 hours in advance of arrival date so we can pre-register you over the phone. During this call, we will communicate the property’s safety and cleaning protocols, ask for your estimated arrival time to the resort and be available to answer any COVID-19 related questions you may have leading up to your stay.
During this pre-arrival phone call with one of our Guest Service Agents, we will obtain your cell phone number and credit card information. After the call, you will receive a text message with the Registration information that outlines Resort policies known as our Terms of Registration, which you will need to accept prior to check-in. All you need to do is reply to the text message with the word ‘Accept’.
Although there will be some changes to our services and amenities, we are committed to ensuring you have an enjoyable stay. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to keep you updated with pertinent information.
Checking-In at the Resort
- Upon arrival at the Resort, our Guest Service Agent will ensure that the Terms of Registration have been accepted. You will be asked to provide documentation proving that all persons in your party are not subject to quarantine (i.e. your negative test results or vaccination card), as well as sign a written confirmation stating that neither you nor anybody in your party are subject to quarantine. Once the registration form has been completed and verification that no one in your party is subject to quarantine, you will be checked-in.
- If you or anyone in your party are subject to quarantine due to positive or pending test results, you will not be able to check-in. If you are concerned your test results might be positive or pending upon your arrival to the resort, we encourage you to make alternative reservations as a precaution.
- In compliance with CDC and State recommendations, we are requiring all Owners and Guests to wear facial coverings and maintain social distancing when entering common areas of the Resort. On Kauai, a mask is required under County Law! We also encourage you to use the hand sanitizer stations that have been placed throughout the property. Large gatherings in common areas are not permitted. Should you desire more space to entertain family and friends, we are available to recommend local parks in the area.
- If you experience a delay or disruption during your travels and need to speak to the Front Desk to make arrangements for late check-in, please call (808) 826-8815. Before you travel, please review the Hawai’i State Department of Health’s website for additional guidance by clicking here.
Mahalo for choosing Makai Club Resort as your vacation destination. We look forward to safely welcoming you and hope you enjoy all Kaua’i has to offer.
IMPORTANT: Before you travel, we encourage you to perform a self-assessment COVID-19 health screen. If you or any persons in your travel party are experiencing any flu-like symptoms associated with COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle ache or pain, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell or if you or anyone in your travel party have been exposed or in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please follow the recommendations of public health officials and stay home. For additional information concerning COVID-19 or a self-assessment COVID-19 health screening, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on their website. We reserve the right to restrict resort access for any persons experiencing or exhibiting any coronavirus or flu-like symptoms.
COVID-19 WARNING: Our resort is a lodging facility. Please consider that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other infectious diseases in any place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and in some cases, death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, EVERYONE IS AT RISK of contracting COVID-19. Older adults and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although we have implemented recommended practices to promote the health and safety for all of our timeshare owners, guests and employees, we cannot ensure 100% or be held liable that our premises are free from contagions, whether caused by us or any of our guests or employees. By voluntarily entering and being present at our resort facilities, you (and each person in your travel party) acknowledge and agree to accept complete and sole responsibility of the inherent risks associated with potential or actual exposure to infectious disease contagions.